Monday 16 December 2013

Life as a Cancer Survivor Poses Physical and Emotional Challenges - Wall Street Journal


Cancer Survivorship Care Programs Integrate the Body, Mind and Soul of the Survivor

Cancer rehabilitation services in Canada are rarely received, although they are needed as much as in the US
Cancer physiotherapy, emotional aid and plans for treatment follow-up are becoming the norm at a number of hospitals and community cancer centers in the US where survivorship care programs have an integrated approach that takes care of the body, mind and soul of the survivor. Unfortunately in Canada, these rehabilitation services are still rarely received, although they are needed just the same. (see Oncology Rehabilitation Provision and Practice Patterns Across Canada, Canestro et al, Physio Canada, 2013)

As reported in The Next Front in Cancer Care at the Wall Street Journal, "Chemotherapy and radiation can damage vital organs such as the heart and liver, possibly causing secondary diseases years later. The body can be debilitated, cognitive functions impaired and emotions distressed, making return to normal life and work difficult. Some 70% of cancer survivors experience depression at some point. Patients have higher levels of anxiety years after the disease is cured." The focus of treatment is on curing the cancer, but often there is no care provided for the side effects that occur as a result of the cancer treatment.

Cancer Rehab Canada feels the same rehabilitation services should be offered to Canadians who are living with cancer, whether their impairments are physical or psychological in nature. We have a long way to go to provide the same array of services available to many Americans, but we are working hard to build the same level of rehab care for all Canadian cancer survivorships.

Read the full Wall Street Journal article.

To find a Cancer Rehab Canada near you, visit the list of British ColumbiaSaskatchewanOntario, or Nova Scotia locations.

2 comments:

  1. Quality cannabis oil for effective cure of cancer.I do not sell my hemp oil for the sake of money rather to save the lives of individuals who are diagnosed with all kind of cancer illness.Due to the number of messages i get a day i decided to open email for interested individuals to contact me.Below is my email:santhonywilliams_cannabisoil@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello Every one that read my testimony i know that this are websites for prayer and i don't want to abusive here or may be you think am here to make advert i just want to share this life experience with you all most of you might not believe in spell casting or think it evil which is never so that was what i also think at the first stage but when i get close to it i knew it never evil or bad even in the Bible there were spell caster who served God and also performs Miracle. just give it a little step of faith and things will change back for you. Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete